Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Last Hurrah

Hey guys!

Did I ever tell you how much respect I have for each one of my friend? Not only they managed to throw me one of the best parties I've ever been to, they also dropped me off to the airport. Like I said the respect level rose.

So my last day started at home with mom. We went to lunch which was really wonderful. The day time was a little boring but it was only the calm before the storm. So night time comes in and after our errands we all go to this local club/cafe/lounge. Soon enough my friends started to come. As we met and greeted each other I realized how I wouldn't get a chance to see them for two plus months. But that thought was soon gone as we started to dance. We probably jammed to about 20 songs straight without any interruption. One of my friend who doesn't dance even showed his moves after all. One thing turned out bad tho. I was dancing with one of my friends and this guy comes in the middle wanting me to buy him drinks. I wouldn't have minded if I wasn't dancing. This piece of work took the girl away from me and then proceeded to ask me to buy him drinks again. I literally had to yell at him in front of everyone. After 30 mins or so he realized what he had done wrong and apologized.

After the dancing and jamming we headed to Waffle House across the street. This time I was still having fun not realizing how close it was for me to leave. I then had to name a good thing about each one my friend which turned out not too bad. As we sat there after much awaited pause, tears fell in the end. *this is for you: I will be back, stay strong and remember I am only a call away*. We took so many pictures that I will cherish forever. I was surrounded by the people that love me the most. I couldn't ask for a better ending.

The night was special overall but two things gave it an extra meaning. First was a call from Rahim from Houston saying how he wished he could've been there. Second, the emotional waterfall that we drowned in. I'm not a cryer but I'm man enough to admit that I cried and I'm blessed to have such good friends.

In the end I've a little poem for my friends particularly my clique:

We smile, laugh and rejoice together
We argue, fight and cry together
But no matter how apart we are
At the end of all, we are one

This feeling is very strange
More so like vacuum in space
But rest assured I will be back
So we can write another chapter

Until next time
Take care and be safe.

1 comment:

  1. Lmao hahahaha you mentioned my brother getting you pissed hahaha!! But it was a hell of a good time :)

    ReplyDelete