Monday, March 5, 2012

30/24

Hey guys!

The past couple of weeks have been very good. In fact they have been so good that it's almost an unreal feeling. First it was my parents' 30th anniversary then it was my 24th birthday. I've been really fortunate to have such good parents and live to see 24 years. So, as you may have guessed I'm writing about what happened in those two weeks.

In case you guys didn't know, I am a very laid back person. I like to celebrate an occasion with a nice dinner with my loved ones. Partying, clubbing or concerts are not my thing. So for my parents' anniversary, since my dad is back home, I gave my mom a family photo album. It had pictures from when they got married until now. Then in the morning, I had my dad waiting on Skype so we could video chat with mom. Of course she didn't know anything. She was so surprised so the mission was successful.

Now its my turn. On the Wednesday before my birthday, my friends (Karishma and Chandni) brought me an ice cream cake and pizza. It was suppose to be a surprise but I saw it coming. On Thursday, Payal brought me a cookie cake which was so good that I asked her for seconds. Then at midnight of the 3rd, my group came over with the same ritual (going over at the birthday boy's place and caking him). Before they did that, two of my other friends showed up: Zahra and Sahrish. I was actually really shocked to see both of them. So the ritual continued as I was covered with cake, ketchup, shaving cream and eggs. Trust me it was the most disgusting feeling ever. Nonetheless it was all for fun. In the day time mom and I went for lunch. It was a lot of fun. But the real fun began at night when I went to cafe Istanbul with my friends. The whole night I was there and the whole day Sunday, my head was hurting like someone was hitting it with a hammer. Don't get the wrong idea it was all because of the loud music.

Many of my friends wished me that day but three of them stand out the most. First one was from Payal. She put our picture up and wrote something beautiful about me. Second was Serven, who tagged me on her status and also said something sweet (we later texted and that was even more touching). Lastly, it was Imran, my brother from another mother. That guy is one of the best people I've ever met.

Whatever happened was amazing. It was one of the most craziest days ever. And I'm glad I got to spend it with my friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment